Monday, May 4, 2020

Quarantine

I have a slice of life poem today.  I would love to see a day of your quarantine life in the comments!

Quarantine

The days run together
Is is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday?
I know the weekend because dad is home
We are all home
together.

Otherwise,
it is me and my son.

Reading, legos, playing tag in the yard.
Too much screen time
for him

while I zoom
and email
and chat
and plan
for my students.

Then,
bike rides, hikes, climbing trees.

Lunch

Soccer, baseball, golf in the yard.

Then,
quiet time for him and
more work for me.

Finish my zooms,
and emails,
and chats,
and plans
for my students.

Quiet time is over now.
More reading, drawing, cars and trucks.

And finally, Dad is home!

Someone to give a me a breather.
More family time, walks, bike rides.
dinner.

Bed time for him.

Quiet time for us.

Bed time for all.

We'll do it again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment