Monday, June 3, 2013

Rebel McKenzie

Rebel McKenzie, written by Candice Ransom, is a book that I received in our very last book order of the year.  I actually picked this book based on its cover alone!  And I am really glad I did!

Rebel McKenzie


Rebel's main goal in life is to be a paleontologist who studies the Ice Age.  She is looking forward to a summer spent at the Ice Age Kids Dig and Safari.  However, her summer dreams are shattered when her mother sends her off to live with her sister, Lynette.  Rebel spends her time watching her nephew, Rudy, in a mobile home park with no air conditioning, odd neighbors, and a 21-pound cat named Doublewide who can ring the doorbell and use the toilet.  There's also a so-called bully, Lacey Jane, who turns out to be more than she seems.

I loved the author's writing in this book.  Rebel is really funny and I laughed out loud several times throughout the book.  Let me know if you read it!  And remember to post a comment about your current summer reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment